That night I decided to look up OCD online, I ventured into a forum (social phobia world) and wrote a little about myself to get some feedback to see if I might have OCD.
I got some comforting responses and browsed the forum daily for quite a while. I found it both good and bad.
- It was nice to remain anonymous
- I got all kinds of feedback to my questions
- I learned there are many others out there who suffer from OCD
- It’s free
- I became obsessive about checking the forum
- Some of the other posts were very descriptive, causing me anxiety
Finding resources online is a good way to reach out, but use caution.